Monday, April 6, 2015

Don't you see

Did no one ever tell you that abuse was bad. Physical, sexual or mental. Did no one tell you that words can sting as much wounds can, sometimes they stay longer. Did no one ever hold your hand and show you how love felt. Did no one ever teach you that if you loved someone, you wouldn't want to hurt them. Don't you see it's hurting me? Don't you see it's eating her alive? 

I was taught that if someone loved you, they would never hurt you. But still, side by side with those lessons, I was hurt everyday. Hurt's friend anger tagged along soon. Anger said this was his place to be in, rightly justified. He made me see the happiness in everyone else's life and made me a jealous child, and now a jealous adult. But see, they say don't let life harden you. To bad for us, we started hard. 

Don't you know, yet? That you never swear at a sleeping child. Heck, you never swear at a child. Or an adult. Or anyone. That's what I was taught. How were we taught such different things? I'm glad I got nothing but your voice from you. Oh yes, and that one lesson. If someone hits you, what do you do? Hit them back. If someone pinches you, what do you do? Pinch them back. 
If someone hurts you..what do you do? Hurt them back? 

No comments: