Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Quench

You wanted water, I hope your thirst is quenched. Bye
The last message you wanted it to be. How could that happen? It's us after all.
I see you running, towards her and away from me. And you tell me you're standing right there, only trying to build her world again. And what about mine? Are you okay with crushing it with your foot?
I've always been possessive of love. Since I was little, if anyone touched my mom, I would make angry faces at them and bang my own head against the floor. Maybe you're right, I haven't grown up. And maybe when I grow up, I'll kill. Well you also never know who I am talking about here.
So busy trying to build her world that those 3 words just slipped out did they? So easily, when all my trust and insecurities were in those 3 words, how could you just go give them away? Add another word to that and it would still be true. 4 words. 4, my lucky number. Ha.
And then you say I didn't mean it, does she know that? I am tempted to run to her, and tell her myself, stay away, you're only a season. Don't take away the rest of the seasons of his love and his life.
If this means I'm insecure, maybe I am, maybe I always will be. Was Acceptance the part you missed out?
I've cut and pasted parts of life for you and this last thread I'm hanging on after the terrible way it was severed. For you. For you being six, divided by the two of us, making it 3, your lucky number
I do understand math.
And I do love you,
But I'm still thirsty.

No comments: