Saturday, March 24, 2012

Farewell

I need fresh air. Untouched and pure. I need new places, unseen and unpolluted. I need fresh thoughts, not cluttered and depressing. But I need old people, those who cared and trusted.
Holding on hurts like needles, poking into the very depths of my skin. And letting go, causes excruciating pain.

"She doesn't care anymore, let go", he said
"No, she promised she always would, and she knows the truth, somewhere deep down.."
"Stop fooling yourself, people change and leave. It's life, it's unfair"

It's time I took your advice maybe, all these efforts seem futile and the trust's gone, holding onto segments and grains of sand is pointless. So, finally its time to bid adieu, maybe a little too soon. But I've tried. Today, and many times before. It feels like digging up an old grave, a relationship that's dead and buried. So now I stop. I'll place a bunch of roses and lilies over what was and move on, because life has way more in store for me and you. I'll leave without a sound, ruining the beauty of what was by words just doesn't seem right.

This is the end my friend.
End of things as we knew them, and people and relationships that were.
This is the end my friend,
Of a life moving the way you want it to.
This is the end my friend,
Of yesterday's pain and today's fights.
This is The end my friend,
Of you and me and us.. This is the end.

I've loved you and I will miss you.
To a friendship that was,
Cheers.

No comments: