Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Waiting in vain...


Like I told you before,this is absolutely amateur. I wrote this poem for a guy who I thought was my soulmate,and I wondered what he found wrong in me. I loved him dearly but after a long wait of 4 years,I think it's finally gone...

Letters in the back of my book,
Addressed to you-dating back two years,
I've given them more than just a look,
While controlling emotions and fighting back tears,

I just can't seem to get over you,
I have no idea why,
Though the days we spent as one were few,
They all couldn't be a lie.

So many questions unanswered,and poems untold,
Letters undelivered-all waiting for you,
I can't help but break down when memories unfold,
Please come back,please tell me it's still true.

Maybe your life for now,belongs to another,
Maybe you thought,ours was never meant to be,
But let me tell you this,My best friend's brother,
My hearts all locked up,and only you have the key...

7 comments:

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

awwww again!

seriously woman. hes not worth it .

he doesnt have bath for days together! :P lol ok, knowing you for so many years, im guessing thats why you fell in love with him in the first place !
hehe
anyway if you waste one more minute about that boy or the other "a" boy ..i seriously will kill you. period.

p.s: yay yay i used the word again. runs around drowning herself with pure joy!

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

oh oh btw. i forgot to comment on the poem.

you know what?
ITS AMAZING!

seriously, just read the first poem i ever wrote..its so amateur.
yours is like god compared to it.

great way to start nurturing your writing skills,this blog.

so let it rain poems and dogs!

supernova said...

aw... have u heard sheryl crow's
" The first cut is the deepest ".u'd love it.
well i can't side wid manasa and claim dt de guy is a dunce coz i hav no idea about his persona. But i definitely know it's hard TO GET OVA SUM1 U'VE LUVVED FOR LONG....
its k ... itz very human. :))

Juhi said...

sigh!!!feel so sad sad when i think abt him..!i couldn't help it!!!!he's just....aaaaaahhhhh!! if u get what i mean!

Shwe said...

woah juhi.....i really didnt know u could write poetry this well i mean its simply beautiful.........nd u call this AMATEUR????????
i dont think i will be able to empathize with u .....but 4 all u know there may be a better guy waiting jus 4 u
shwe

lavina said...

aww...how i wish i could grant you this one wish :(

the last two lines are great
the whole poem is great

its hard. but nithya told me and i am telling you. it wont be very hard after a while.

*hug*

Juhi said...

How I wish! :)
It is getting easier though! N thanks Shwetha! Glad u liked it! More comin up!