Monday, November 21, 2011

I hope, I wish.

How do I make it go away?
Your disappointment, your pain.
I want to make it stop.
I wish I could reach out to you.
From across this distance,
Reach out to you so that my arms could wrap themselves around you,
So that my fingers could smoothen those creases on your face.
I want to feel the freckles on your skin and wipe away any tears that may fall.
That face wasn't made for tears.
And if I ever caused them,
I would go back push through this distance and make sure nothing ever hurts you again.
Over time, your tears have become more important than mine,
And your joy has managed to seep into my world and brighten it up with a thousand incandescent lights
I wish, and hope, that someday, you find the person who can do these things to you.
And a little part of me, hopes it's me.
I love you, today and forever.

No comments: